Bobcat skid steer attachments and an early Fall makes this time of year the perfect time to clear out the scrub and small trees from that parcel of land that has been ignored all year. The hard way of removing trees and cutting the wood into usable sections usually involve a chainsaw or two, a lot of sweat, poison ivy medication and a couple of weeks time. Simple and efficient seems to always include a Bobcat skid steer.
The Bobcat skid steer attachments would be the Tree Shear, Log Splitter, and Stump Grinder.
The tree shear attachment allows a Bobcat skid steer driver to drive right up to any tree up to 14 inches in diameter. The tree shear can cut through even larger trees if they are of a softer wood variety. Simply apply the shears directly at the base of the tree and cut it down. But the tree shear does not stop there. Once a tree is cut and on the ground, the tree shear can pivot at its base cut the timber into sections. It can even be used to trim branches from a live tree.
As with many existing Bobcat skid steer attachments, the log splitter is an adaptation of a dedicated, standalone machine. But in this form, it can be taken any place the Bobcat skid steer can go, powered by the Bobcat once onsite. The log splitter is available in two versions: one is upright and splits logs on its top, and its twin is an inverted unit without the external control valve. A very useful feature is the single pin attachment which makes the log splitter incredibly easy to remove and relocate when not in use.
Even though the stump grinder attachment for the Bobcat skid steer is fully capable of clearing out a stump in the dead of winter, it is a great idea to have that mulch buried and rotting in the soil for a few months prior to the first freeze. Anything that is planned for the cleared property will benefit from healthy topsoil in the Spring. But the difference is in the precision with which it can be placed on the stump. The Bobcat skid steer mounted unit makes full use of the boom, and can be lifted in and out of action as well as being quickly and easily moved out of the way, leaving a soft pool of mulch where the tree stump once stood.
So do not wait till it is too late to enjoy the advantages of a good supply of winter wood.Read More
Posted by Rob Leib on Jun 16, 2011 in Bobcat Attachments, Bobcat Skid Steer, Bobcat skid steer loaders, Skid Loader Attachments, skid steer accessories, Skid Steer Loaders, Skidsteer Attachments | Comments Off
Thankfully, skid steer attachments are plug-and-play. The way things used to be several years ago, every time a skid steer loader operator wanted to use a new attachment, there was a proprietary way of attaching the tool to the machine. With the EZ Mount skid steer attachments system, there is a universal attachment plate that accepts a growing number of skid steer attachments.
The EZ Mount mounting plate is a heavy-duty steel reusable attachment plate with optional couplers for hydraulic systems as well as connecting mechanisms for all of these skid steer attachments:
- The 8 Foot Boom: This boom is intended to handle heavy trusses when building roofs for buildings, but it is also incredibly useful for hoisting other things as needed. It extends straight up and is rated for 1000 pounds. The 8 foot boom connect to the EZ Mount plate via 8 bolts that are included in the package.
- The Auger Head: Auger skid steer attachments seem like a single-use tool, but are incredibly versatile. The auger can be used to place precise holes in the earth for fence posts, deck and pole barn footers. But there are hundreds of ways that landscapers andf construction crews can make use of this attachment. The EZ Mount just makes it that much quicker to access.
- The Log Splitter: The log splitter attachment is one of those skid steer attachments that instantly goes into the “back-saver” category. Like scoops, buckets, and concrete breakers, the log splitter will make short work of cord after cord of fallen tree, without your ever raising an axe. It attaches easily to the EZ Mount.
- The Salt and Seed Spreader: This attachment is special in that it is one that does double duty through the change of seasons. From broadcasting sand and salt in the Winter to keep walkways and driveways safe, to seeding new lawns come Spring, it’s great to know that this skid steer attachment will be accommodated by the EZ Mount.
- 3 Point Adapter: This ingenious device makes tractor-only attachments available for the skid steer. By integrating the 3 Point Adapter with the EZ Mount System, a whole new world opens up to the skid steer owner. Farm equipment formerly relegated to tractor operation is now easy to switch in and out.
The EZ Mount System does what its name implies: makes myriad skid steer attachments easy to mount and use.Read More
Posted by Rob Leib on Nov 17, 2010 in Bobcat, Bobcat Attachments, Bobcat Skid Steer, Bobcat skid steer loaders, Bobcat Skidsteer, Skid Loader Attachments, Skid Steer Attachments, Skidsteer Attachments | Comments Off
Your Bobcat log splitter will save you hours of time, as well as your back and shoulders, if you’re ever faced with piles of timber.
You can see it now: several acres of excellent land to build on. But it’s covered with a forest of timber. It seems like you’ll have to call in a whole team of lumberjacks with their trucks and grapples and cables. But all it takes is you and a chainsaw, your Bobcat skid steer, and a heavy duty Bobcat log splitter attachment. That stand of trees will be next winter’s season of firewood, and you’ll have a buildable lot in no time.
The Bobcat log splitter is one tough skid steer-mounted tool for making short work of tall trees. It’s a simple but useful machine that, as the name implies, is mounted directly onto the reusable backplate and Reese Hitch Adaptor of your Bobcat. Now you can hoist your Bobcat log splitter and drive it anywhere you need, ready to help you chew your way through the trees. Once you’re finished, you simply pull out a pin, and you can slide the log splitter off of the backplate.
There are three different units to choose from. They are all 20-ton capacity, but the smallest uses an inverted (upside down) design, and the two larger ones split logs on the top. Each Bobcat log splitter uses a special detent valve that has a spring that causes the log splitter to stop when the operator lets go of the handle. You can walk away and get another log while it is retracting and resetting. As a bonus, the frame design now has an integrated log holder and is significantly stiffer.
The difference between chopping an entire acre of wood with an axe and being able to let the Bobcat log splitter do the work for you is phenomenal. It’s hard to think of the days before this machine, because it is just so useful. And with the ability to attach the Bobcat log splitter to the boom of your skid steer, it is easy to start thinking of all the possibilities: even looking at a few acres of forest and, instead of seeing the trees, seeing a perfect place to build a home.
With a fireplace, of course.Read More